Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Growing and Moving

So we have been even busier since my last post. I do intend to get back to blogging more frequently, but there have been more important things going on....sorry!

Last month we ended up moving to a house closer to church, and few friends and right down the street from "Uncle Mike" and "Aunt Joan". The kids are enjoying the change; more space for us and company (come on over!!!) and our own yard (complete with squirrels), a beautiful park nearby with a duckpond, closer to Portland and Aunt Chandra and more shopping close by.

For those of you wanting an update on Benjamin. He has still been having seizures. It is hard to tell if they have decreased some in frequency or intensity since being on the meds. He had some blood work recently that indicated we can still increase his dosage, so we are going to increase a bit and see what happens. He is doing fine, although always tired; especially after a seizure. Again, it is hard to say if the tiredness is because of the seizures or the medicine, but I tend to think it is the seizures since he is more tired on the days that I see more happen. Thanks for your prayers. Overall, he is doing fine and he has finally "clicked" with potty training, and is even dry most nights. wohoo!!

Beckham is a GREAT little guy. We actually have a baby that seems to enjoy his sleep. Our first two wonderful babies were quite a bit more fussy and not all that interested in sleeping. Except for on the nights he is stuffy, Beckham has been sleeping though the night! Yay!!!

Bethany is my BIG helper (turning 6 next month!!!), and has been doing great with the extra resonsibility that I have been giving her. We have kept her and Ben in the AWANA program (for the rest of the school year) that is closer to our old apartment. They love it and we were not wanting to switch programs just as Ben had acclimated to the old one. School is going well, and Beth is slowly getting the hang of reading. Although she would do "projects" all day if I let her. We are hoping to start a Friday school co-op with a home school group.


Our back patio with the snow a few weeks ago.



The kids are demostrating their new favorite hiding place as well as evidence that I now have plenty of cupboard space. Yes, those lower shelves are STILL empty.

Beckham seems to be happy about the move as well....hear his story below:
















3 comments:

Momma Bug said...

Well...

Thank you very much! Your children are beautiful, your new space great!
Beckham is darling (is that a dimple on his chin?), and I am glad to hear you are still alive!

I love that Portland area. So beautiful! How's work going for Chris?
Are you all adjusted to having three little ones these days? You sound like an old pro!
I miss you friend. Maybe we'll stop in on you one of these days.

Love you,
me

Julianne said...

Yay! You posted again! I love catching up with what you guys are doing. Beckham is adorable!

SarahJane said...

Momma Bug,
Yes, Beckham does have quite the dimple (Chris' side of the fam) Work is going well for Chris. I am adjusting fine to having 3. Like I said, Beck is a great baby, so that is making it less busy. Still, 3 is more than 2, so it IS a bit more crazy. I am deligating more to Beth though, so that is nice.
Juli,
yes I have finally posted....your turn now :) Hope you are feeling well!!

love,
Sarah